|Allergy Testing ||Anesthesia ||Boarding – Medical ||Boarding – Non-Medical ||Daycare – Non-Medical ||Declawing ||Dental Care ||Diagnostics - X Rays, Ultrasound ||Diagnostics -Lab/Blood work ||Drop off service ||Electronic Record Transfers ||Emergency Care ||Euthanasia and Hospice ||Flea and Tick Control ||General Practice ||Grooming ||In-house Pharmacy ||Micro chipping ||Nutrition Counseling ||Pain Management ||Preventive Care ||Puppy & Kitten Care ||Senior Care ||Shelter/Adoption Programs ||Spaying/Neutering ||Specialty Services ||Surgery ||Training/Behavior ||Vaccinations ||Wellness Exams |
English , Spanish
In 1957 Indian Head Highway was a two-lane road that was a significant travel route for southern Prince George’s County. So when Dr. Edward Gofreed built his animal hospital he named it Indian Head Animal Hospital. Originally, the hospital was quite small and had one exam room, one office, one animal ward and a waiting area. The hospital was expanded and redesigned to include three exam rooms, three kennel wards with twenty cages each, an isolation ward, an radiology room, kitchen, grooming room, lab room, computer room and a surgery suite with two surgical tables.
Dr. Edward Gofreed was a wonderful veterinarian. He loved animals and loved veterinary medicine and his clients knew that he loved them too. You will find the same caring attitude from the veterinarians, Dr. Camille Chesley, Dr. Stacey Young, Dr. Ivette Nessim, Dr. Kristen Hogue and Dr. Micheal Wise and staff of the Indian Head Animal Hospital today.